Monday, July 12, 2010

The Kite Runner Chapters 21-23 (Blog 9)

I felt it was very important for Amir to visit Kabul. It could bring back good memories, as well as bad, which could inspire him along his journey. While at the soccer game, something strange was going on during half time. I really didn't understand the way the author described it. I was so confused when I found out what they were doing. Was the audience cheering? Or where they making noises because they were mortified? I didn't understand if it was entertainment, or torture.
The second Amir walked into the room with the Taliban, you knew something bad was going to happen. It just wasn't possible that he would walk out without a scratch. I was honestly so surprised to find out Assef was the man in the sunglasses. I should have suspected it, as the author foreshadowed it. I assumed Assef would eventually show up again, but always thought he'd have a hard life as a homeless person, maybe even ask forgiveness from Hassan. When Sohrab saved Amir's life, it was just awesome. Such a little boy, so much like his father, saved an adult from one of the most powerful men in Afghanistan.
Chapter 23 was boring, and I just speed through it. The best part was when Amir realized why Baba had acted the way he acted all these years. Because Baba couldn’t love Hassan like his own son, he felt guilty and took it out on Amir.

No comments:

Post a Comment