Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Kite Runner Chapters 12-15 (Blog 7)

For a while, the book turned into a love story. I liked the way Amir would think, and talk about Soraya. He was truly in love. When Amir told Baba that he wanted to ask her to marry him, I thought that the General would decline. I really liked the courage that Soraya had to tell Amir about her past, hoping that it wouldn't change his plans, and if it did, she would be all right with it. I was glad he still wanted to marry her, hoping he would soon tell her about his past.
When Baba died, I felt somewhat sad. Books rarely ever make me feel that way. Because they had to have the wedding so fast, Amir didn't learn about Soraya's family until afterwards. I began to dislike the General more and more. He thought working was beneath him, and he wouldn't let his wife sing publicly. When Soraya shared more of her story with Amir, I began to dislike the General even more. His strong Afghani morals seemed stronger than the love for his family. Soraya's inability to have children surprised me. It was hard for them to go through that, as it would be anyone.
When Rahim Khan called Amir, it brought us back to the beginning of the book. I new this would be a major event in the book. I understood how Amir felt when he reached Afghanistan. I've gone back to a place I used to live, finding it totally different and run down. Although not nearly as bad as Amir, I still feel the same connection. How Rahim Khan turned out totally surprised me. I imagined him still rich, high class, but he was everything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment