I saved this book for last, as it is the longest, and seemingly least interesting of the books. I don't really like the way the author writes. He writes bland, and boring, ways that do not interest me.
After reading a few pages, this reminded me of a show I had seen before. It was about a bunch of young men traveling from Africa to the US. They didn't know what a microwave was, didn't know how to use a shower, and were surprised to actually see and hold ice.
One thing I did like about the author's writing, is how he describes little things, that are seemingly unimportant. They are things that don't really need to be said, but they add to the effect of what is going on.
One thing I thought was funny was, the whole time I was seriously wondering "Why is his name Valentino, that's not an African name?" and then he actually told us the story of his name.
No comments:
Post a Comment